Attention motion driven, emotional impact striven, hustle-to-seize-the-day livin’ biz development gurus who dare-to-flip goodie two shoes’ creative on their heads and offer a better way. While we have your attention, narrow your focus to the tech startup and B2C sector, nerd out with us on revolutionary product nectar, and ask yourself, do you have what it takes to make Optic Sky a true household tech video agency name?
Founded in 2014, Optic Sky was created with the central purpose of bringing an entirely new level of creative to our clients. Part production company, part post house, and part creative consultancy, it has since grown to compete nationally, working with fortune 100 and 500 companies, top retail brands, and, where you come in, tech startups.
We have launched videos with 130 million views, put aliens on the moon, and turned a studio in not one, but 4 offices in a day’s work. We have fun.
The core philosophy remains Shoot for the Heart, reminding our clients that in the age of endless statistics, we are still creating content for people who need to feel an emotional impact. That impact can come from comedy, drama, or blunt realism, but it is essential to each and every piece we create. It doesn’t mean we take ourselves too seriously (like at all), but we definitely take client briefs and results seriously, and of course, we take growth seriously. SO enough about us, let’s hire, I mean talk about you.
As you might have gathered to this point, we are looking for the absolutely dopest mix of tech lover, bid finder, solid creative appreciator, and business developer to increase our startup clientele. This person must be well established in the industry, whether in tech, agency, or film, and be willing to work with our team to understand and track our capabilities to best serve any and all potential clientele.
The ideal candidate will have experience selling talent in development, production, and post so that we can serve all aspects of OPTIC SKY, because let’s be real- if it moves, we make it. You probably want to talk moola though so here’s the deal:
- 40K-50K Salary with advancement opportunities
- 10% New Client fee out of production fee
- 5% Returning client fee out of production fee
- 50% Health Care Contribution
- 3% IRA Match after one year employment
- Expense allowance tbd
If you look at this and your reaction is “challenge accepted. I’m going to grow this company’s portfolio, have fun doing it, and make a ton of commission while doing it”, you should apply.
The Tech Sales/Business Development Rep will have the following responsibilities:
- New sales development and deal management across multiple tiers of client types. Client types include direct sales to B2C tech startup’s and partnering with VC firms and channels/influencers.
- Development of new business and new sales initiatives with existing and new clients with emphasis on expanding market share to new clients.
- Leverage multichannel prospecting approaches to gain access to new clients. Methods include leveraging your current contacts/relationships; direct calling & email selling to new prospects, social media outreach, digital approaches, gaining PR exposure, partnering with VCs, and implementing effective referral programs.
- Lead need/fit assessment meetings with clients. Ask the strategic and tactical questions required to determine alignment of the customer needs and our capabilities. Ensure all client decision makers and influencers are involved. Ensure all subject matter experts from your team are included as needed.
- Work with the CEO, department heads and subject matter experts to develop a winning solution with a business case. Work with our Producers and Executives to refine client budget and expectations.
- Presentations to clients both remotely and on-site. Plan, rehearse, and lead presentation meetings designed to win. Work with Creatives and Producers to properly handle and communicate creative pitch documents.
- Close sales to meet and exceed company growth objectives.
- Create, review, and analyze sales performance reports that addressed progress verses plan and replanning as needed to meet goals.
- Have clear KPI tracking procedures developed to report to executive team.
- Track all sales/deals in company CRM.
- 5+ years successful experience in the video production advertising industry.
- Built-in relationships with Tech brands, VCs, and larger startup community.
- Proven sales process, approach and demonstrable track record of meeting/exceeding goals.
- Experience with Google Docs, Microsoft Office, and Keynote required.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Post-Production workflow processes a major plus.