Optic Sky is seeking a summer Design Intern (June to August) to work alongside our creative team. We are looking for an intern who is as adaptive as they are talented to assist us in our fast paced, deadline-driven, creative environment.
As our Design intern, you will have the opportunity to design and optimize the materials and templates used everyday in our production office, meaning they will be seen by every one of our clients! The Optic Sky team will guide you through regular critique and feedback sessions. You’ll benefit from part time hours, an accessible supervisor, and a friendly productive work environment. You’ll learn skills that are relevant to entry level positions in industry, and immediately applicable to your own projects. You’ll finish your summer having worked on multiple projects from concept to completion. You will also be able to sit in on internal meetings, giving you an inside scoop on the business and how it works!
Optic Sky Productions is a commercial film production and post-production house, located off University Ave in the Neighborhood of the Arts. Just 20 minutes from RIT and a few blocks from downtown, The Public Market, and Village Gate. We are a small, dedicated team, who value trust, hard work and collaboration. We care about our clients and our employees. We move fast, think big, and we never settle. If you don’t like to settle, click the button.
- Paid position
- Opportunity for client facing work when appropriate
- Chance to sit in on creative meetings
- Meaningful work (Design / Creative stuff)
- Learn relevant skills (Presenting your work / interpreting feedback)
- A friendly, accessible supervisor
- A great work location
You know you’re right for the job if you
- Are a full time Student on summer break
- Have reliable transportation
- Have a portfolio of relevant work
- Are creative and driven to make impactful content
- Are great with people
- Always want to be learning something new
- Are able to take feedback well
- Can help us keep our space tidy and organized
- Have experience in designing for marketing or advertisement
- Are able to create designs that are as functional as they are aesthetically pleasing
- Have an understanding of Keynote, Pages, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Indesign
- Are familiar with project management software like Slack, Trello, or Microsoft Teams
- Are able to perform under pressure, while having a great time